Whatever the reason for your shyness, the vital point is that if you don’t want to be shy, you don’t have to be. You must decide, and it could be one of the most crucial decisions you’ll make during your lifetime. Overcoming shyness will allow you to:
- Greet and meet people comfortably,
- Participate in conversations,
- Express instead of repressing your opinions,
- Socialize more,
- Cultivate new friendships and renew old ones,
- Become more assertive (say “no” or disagree without being aggressive or without feeling guilty).