(Valid until 31 August 2020)
Develop the real-world skills you need to perform.
Accredited by Trinity College London and recognized worldwide. One-on-one coaching via Skype to prepare you for your examinations.
Trinity College London Communication Skills exams present candidates with practical, creative tasks that reflect real-world situations, enabling them to develop invaluable 21st-century skills and make real progress in life.
Communication Skills Specifications from 2019
The ‘from 2019’ specifications:
- Develop a range of transferable communication skills, including problem-solving, creativity, team working and organisational skills, that will have a positive impact in both education and the workplace
- Feature practical tasks that reflect real-world situations such as preparing and delivering CVs for interview, stories for broadcast, and presentations that debate current issues
- Offer candidates the choice to have their skills assessed individually or within a group
- Provide clear instructions for teachers and candidates, with the specifications now in a new format
- Are accompanied by digital support resources that provide: advice and support on exam structure and preparation, and interviews with examiners, teachers and past candidates.
(Valid from 1 September 2020)
Trinity’s exams are interactive, with a real focus on performance. As an actor prepares to perform a role in the theatre, a good presenter will prepare to deliver their presentation to an audience. As solo presenters or in groups, candidates create and deliver talks and presentations based on their own interests, and have the opportunity to discuss and debate these issues with the examiner, encouraging further development of their ideas.
- Develop a range of life-long transferrable communication skills, including problem-solving, creative thinking, team work and organisational skills
- Undertake practical tasks and simulations that reflect real-world situations such as CV and interview preparation, stories for broadcast, debates on current issues and encouraging candidates to deliver engaging and inspirational presentations
- Available from Initial to Grade 8 for solo, pair and group exams.
“The presentations relate strongly to other school and academic situations and are used in daily working life, which can be very useful when going into interviews and moving forward as an adult.”
Xenia Horne, Trinity Examiner
Current Drama specifications
For the current, Communication Skills, Musical Theatre and Performance Arts and Speech and Drama graded and certificate exam specifications, please click on the button below. Please note that there will be no overlap between syllabus specifications, and the current exams will expire on 31 August 2020, after which only the new specifications can be used.